size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

Pride - HomoromanticPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!1K
07-11-2021, 03:50 PM

He nearly missed the sound of approaching paws, the soft shh, shh, shh, of shifting sand beneath careful steps was easily lost in the background with the lapping waves. However, once they were close enough he recognized the sound, and lifted his gaze. Oh, he knew who this was. The ever poised princess Ikigai, who he saw mostly at sermons. He matched her warm smile with a shier rendition, auds tipping back ever so slightly. Despite the difference in their age, she was so much more poised than he. Elegant and graceful and well mannered, everything he struggled to be in the presence of others. He tucked the sea glass under his paw, hoping the smooth motion of a charcoal paw went unnoticed against the dark sand. "Hello Ikigai," he murmured, dipping his head politely. It had taken him some time to adjust the movement to accommodate the long fangs that had grown in after he reached his second season, but the movement was well practiced now. When she questioned him on his activities, he glanced down at the small pile of stones and bones. "um," he loathed himself for hesitating, but he felt small in her presence. Her nobility and skill made him wary that perhaps she would think he was stupid for his lack of skill. He'd already promised himself to strengthen his ties to his cousins, though. "I was hoping to try my skill at making sigil pendants for my sisters." he finally said, gentle vocals directed more towards the pile at his paws than his cousin.

"I have all the materials, I'm just not sure where to start." the charcoal and amethyst male admitted, lifting his two toned gaze to her mercurial one. There was a bit of a sheepish smile twisting his lips, tail sweeping against his heels a few times as he glanced between his cousin and his baubles. "Would you.. be interested in trying with me?" the inquiry was met with the folding of sharp joints, a smooth recline onto his haunches and a lift of his dark forepaw to reveal the sea glass he'd been hiding. A roughly rounded pebble, with a rough line carved down the middle where he'd tested its strength. "The sea glass seems easy enough to carve, if we wanted to bore holes or etch them." he followed up with a gesture to the thin blade that laid beside the small collection of vertebrae, shells, and pretty pebbles. She was more than welcome to decline, he wouldn't be surprised if the princess had better things to be doing. Hallux would return to help eventually.

((Word count: 455 / Total word count: 1301/1500))

"speech"

DON'T BELIEVE IN HEAVEN, I DO BELIEVE IN HELL.

IT'S DOWN THE STREET FROM HERE, WE BOTH LIVED THERE FOR YEARS

Pontifex's companions are a female Pesquet's Parrot named Hallux and a male Emperor Tamarin named Pollux, who are nearby and likely within earshot unless otherwise mentioned.