size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
07-11-2021, 04:23 PM

It bothered Ikigai that so many wolves felt uncomfortable around her because of her title and her bearing. She understood, but she still wanted to be treated like a normal pup sometimes. The girl's dark ears shifted backwards as she noted the hesitancy in Pontifex's tone and demeanor. Was he going to excuse himself and go away? It wouldn't be the first time.

Once Pontifex spoke again, Iki's ears perked once more. She directed her gaze towards the pile of treasure's that her cousin had accumulated and the girl's silver eyes widened with wonder. When he explained what he was doing, a small gasp pulled from Iki and she smiled again. "That's a lovely idea!" Family was so very important that the notion of Pontifex making gifts for his sisters warmed Ikigai's soul.

Dropping down to her slender white belly in the sand, Iki looked at the various items in the pile. "Your sisters will be so happy when you give them their gifts. I've made things for my siblings and they enjoyed them very much." Iki had crafted little stick and twine animals for them when she was younger. She'd moved on to painted rocks and other little knick-knacks. As she grew and worked harder, no doubt her skill would grow.

Iki was surprised and elated when he asked if she would help him. The girl's visage brightened and her lips parted, mouth hanging slightly agape. "You'd let me help?" Pushing her paws into the sand, Iki sat up once more, the smile never leaving her face. "I'd be honored to help you, Pontifex." She then looked to the sea glass that he'd kept concealed and another little gasp pulled from her. "That's beautiful," she spoke, her voice reduced to a whisper of complete awe. As the tools and the ease with which the glass was carved were mentioned, Ikigai nodded with confidence. "We'll figure it out together."

The girl eyed the various items, the gears in her mind pumping and churning as she considered the possibilities. You couldn't make a necklace without a chain to put it on. That was the first part. "I wonder," she mused aloud, her sterling gaze never leaving the pile, "If we could wrap soft leather around twine to make the chain extra strong." Her already resplendent gaze lit up as another thought struck. "Oh, or we could braid strips of leather together! I'm very good at braiding." Lifting one front paw, Ikigai spread her toes, showing off the graceful, dexterous digits complete with thumbs. Her paws were closer to that of an opossum than a wolf. They provided her with dexterity that wolves otherwise lacked. "I can do a lot with these, so just tell me how you want me to help!" The normally stoic and reserved girl beamed brightly. She was overjoyed at being offered a chance to help her cousin. Perhaps He'd feel more comfortable around her after this.

"Speech"

WC- 489
Total- 1790/1500
[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]