gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11K
07-13-2021, 07:44 PM

He was woken by the initial outcry, though the fading echoes were what rattled through his skull as he became fully conscious. That couldn't be good. Scrambling to his paws, the swamp dweller fled his den without thinking to don his mask. If there was danger he would just have to face it on his own. Broad paws landing easily on the winding roots that wove through the mangrove, he scanned the surrounding vegetation for signs of disturbance from the other inhabitants. Natural ambiance throughout the swamp had ground to a halt, the sounds of birds and frogs cut short by the potential threat. There were no ripples moving through the bioluminescent waters to indicate a struggle nearby, so he continued to pick up his pace. Moving from a steady lope to a harried sprint, he wove through the trees until he reached the outskirts of the mangrove. It was only by happenstance that he caught the scent of a wolf moving on the breeze, but as he followed it he found himself gazing down at a muddy girl around his age. She looked thoroughly distraught, and tears tracked through the muck clinging to her cheeks. Balancing his meager bulk easily across the roots of a nearby tree, the emerald marked wolf couldn't stop himself from ambling closer. There were no attackers, aside from whatever plagued her mind.

Endeared by her pale nose poking out amongst the mess, and those baleful blue eyes, he found himself wanting to pick her up and wrap her in furs- set her beside the fire with a nice meal. This wasn't a rare occurrence per se, since he had a tendency to collect broken toys. Verdant gaze trained on her features, he blinked at her a few times before remembering he ought to say something now. "Are you okay?" he questioned hesitantly. Wow, good one there buddy. She's definitely not okay, half the continent probably heard her screaming. "You'll catch cold soon," he tried next, which was an equally terrible starter. She was a little bigger than he was, though that was hardly a feat in itself, but not nearly as dramatically as some of the warriors in nearby packs. "I can get the fire going at my den, if you want somewhere to get cleaned up." he offered next, tipping his head in the direction he'd just come. The old tree was more than big enough to accommodate several wolves by the fire, and he wasn't about to leave the poor thing to catch her death.

ooc. if you are sick of me stealing all ur threads lemme know and I'll get this one deleted lmao I just couldn't resist Bog on his home turf

"speech" thinking "others"