Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-18-2021, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2021, 10:01 PM by Sirius. Edited 6 times in total.)
His memory brought a chuckle from Belle, as he had intended it to. His eyes crinkled back at her, and he didn't move his paw. She had caught him in a rare mood. Stable, and calm. Had he ever felt the madness around Deathbelle? It was a terrible, tantalising thought. Like he desperately needed something to hold onto, and here she was. The friend of his youth. He couldn't think of her as a touchstone. That thought was too dangerous, and instead he let her words carry him. Thinking back to that moment when her father had stumbled upon them, in one of Deathbelles attempts to seduce him. She had wanted him to love her, and he had always known her worth was so high above his own.

When he spoke next his voice was serious, but his eyes teased, warning her that his next words weren't as serious as they sounded. "Very well. The drought never happened, your fathers kingdom still stands. Hannibal is either king, or is preparing to become so. Your father has given you up as a political bride to someone important and remote. A border Warlord perhaps. Uniting you to strengthen his kingdom. As your personal guard, I of course go with you."

He began to weave the story as the day drifted to a close around them. The lengthening shadows sharpened the angles of his face. He had closed his eyes and leaned back against the ledge of the hot pool. Still but for the story-teller lilt of his voice "Your husband at first is kind, attentive. You find that affection and love you always wanted, and you think 'this is it. My place in life' but as time goes on he becomes more aggressive, his patience is short with you. First, he hits you. Taunts you. Weaves doubt through your mind until you believe the fault is your own. He pushes you around, he hurts you. I can not let it stand, and I kill him one night for what he has done to you. You and I flee together in the dead of night ..." he peeked open an eye, to see how she was following along to his tale.

"Speech""Speech"