Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Hit!
07-19-2021, 07:35 PM
The moment Lillith snapped awake, Romulus felt instantaneous relief. She was visibly shaken and startled, but ultimately all right. He breathed a soft sigh as his concern melted away, worried eyes softening from hard steel to molten silver. She didn't pull away from his touch and he didn't retract it either, letting his digits rest gingerly over her, yet with a firm enough hold to keep reminding her that he was here, he was real. His mouth tightened into a line when she gave a whine and looked up at him with embarrassment painted across her features, rubbing along her shoulder to try and reassure her. "You didn't wake me," he lied kindly. He just didn't want to see any more sorrow or negativity in those ruby eyes. He gave her a little crooked smile when she confirmed it was a nightmare. "Yeah, I, uh, I gathered that. Must've been one hell of a dream too." He didn't want to ask about the details. They didn't matter and he wouldn't make her relive whatever had frightened her so.

"I used to get a lot of night terrors as a pup. They're very not fun," he explained while slowly withdrawing his paw so he could trot back to his cot. "The only thing that would ever make me feel better was sleeping with my parents and knowing I was safe with them." Moving to the opposite side of the cot, Roman put his thick skull to good use for once and began to push his cot the short distance over to hers. He moved it slowly so the gentle scrape of wood on stone wouldn't be too loud or wake anyone else up. Last thing he wanted was big bad daddy alpha to come down and see what he was about to do. "I know you don't like being touched, but maybe if I'm near you, that might help? I promise to stay on my side."

Once the two cots were pushed together, Romulus hoisted himself back up into the bed and collapsed to the mattress. There was only a small gap of space between him and Lillith, which he bridged with a gentle paw to her shoulder again. Silver eyes shone with a kind concern while he stared at her, gently rubbing her shoulder and the upper part of her foreleg to help ease her. "Now nothing can get to you without going through me first." He flashed his sharp teeth to her in a dramatic smile while he vowed to protect her. He knew he couldn't fight off her own subconscious, but perhaps if his presence made her feel any safer or more comfortable, he might be able to help soothe her some.

"Romulus Armada"