size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Dream Weaver1KThe Ooze Participant
07-22-2021, 12:34 PM
Arcturus grinned and giggled when his mother scooped him up and kissed his head, praising his kill and telling her how proud she was. Nothing really felt as good as knowing he made his mom proud. The hunting and fighting were really fun and he'd probably still do them anyway even if she didn't encourage him the way she did, but knowing that it made her happy to see him hunting and how proud she was when he did was a huge encouragement. With his paws back on the ground and a nudge from his mother back toward his kill to enjoy enjoy it he gave her another bright grin and nodded, running back toward the dead pronghorn fawn enthusiastically. He had seen his mother cut open prey for them to eat so many times already so he knew the right motions, it just took him some trial and error to get it right.

As he worked on cutting open the skin with his teeth and claws, he heard his mother mention telling his father about his kill as well and he nodded in agreement. His dad was never as fun to brag to though since he was so serious all the time, but he figured Naiche would like to hear about it all the same. "He told me you're a way better hunter than he is," he admitted, glancing over at her with a grin. "I mean obviously you're the best hunter but it was funny hearing dad say it! He doesn't hunt with me, just fighting. But that's okay! I'd rather hunt with you anyway!" He loved his father of course, but not like he loved his mom. It was different.

He finally got the skin pulled away from the meat of the tender fawn, his tail wagging at his little victory. It wasn't as clean or as well done as when his mom did it, but it was a hunt all by himself! He pulled off a bite, humming happily at the still warm meat as he ate it. It was way, way better than the little bites of meat his mom would give them and now he just wanted to hunt fresh prey all the time! After taking a couple of bites for himself, he started pulling off a bigger piece, having to use his sharp claws to help cut it away from the bones, but once he had a pice like half the size of himself he picked it up and waddled over to his mother with it, holding it up to her with a proud wag of his tail. "Fa ooo!" he said around the mouthful of pronghorn meat, beaming up at his mother.

"Arcturus Fatalis"