An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono

Pride - BisexualAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2HomebodyIce Bridge Explorer
ExplorerMammoth HunterWordy1K
07-28-2021, 07:51 AM
Indigo really was telling everyone? As hurt as Indigo was losing trust in Duchess, she was feeling the same way. Maybe it was some kind of revenge or karma. She didn't want Indigo to find out what she had done, and she certainly didn't want the rest of the band to either. Though she guessed it was her own fault that caused her the ruin and betrayal. Or at least that's what she had kept telling herself.

Gypsy was the closest friend she had in the band. Segin was a little more, but Duchess was also using her time with him against Indigo which may have really altered that narrative of a friend to her. But somehow in this moment, she wanted to snap back at Gypsy. Because she may have been telling the truth, but it wasn't the truth that Duchess wanted to hear. Or a truth that Duchess wanted to believe.

Gypsy told her that with effort, she could go back to the way it was before. She didn't believe it. Indigo had already told her it wasn't going to go back. Well that wasn't exactly what he said, but it was how Duchess had taken it. She was far from optimistic or really even reasonable, and the only thing she believed she needed was Indigo. Which is why she was the way she was today.

She just laid there silent for a few moments while Gypsy talked to her, her head on the soft grasses as she glanced over the falls and the goats. Really trying not to get worked up over anything that Gypsy was saying. It was at least clear that Duchess felt like she needed to be the most important wolf, but not that she wanted to be the only wolf in Indigo's life. "I don't know what I'm going to do." She spoke quietly, though was sure Gypsy could hear her. But she didn't really know what she even meant by that. Was she going to get rid of the pups? Was she going to run away? "I can't keep living every day like this." She had asked Indigo if her being dead would solve his problems. His answer was less than caring. And she believed that he didn't care for her anymore. If anything, he only cared for his children that she was carrying. And living, sleeping next to him every day and night without his affection was killing her. It was probably obvious to everyone watching, but maybe Gypsy could see a little more.

"Duchess"
Duchess is an !M rated! character for themes of Depression. Please Discord me if you have concerns.