gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11K
07-30-2021, 06:25 PM

It was too late for adjustments, and he completely missed her warning that she wasn't ready. Emerald eyes tracked her sudden drop to the stone floor, immediately followed by an audible gasp and her toppling to one side. Oh no, had he broken one of her legs in his scramble to get her down? He would feel terrible if he did. When the greyscale female rose back to her feet, and began examining the pad of one dainty paw, he hoped that the problem was minor, and quickly fixable. She had untangled herself just fine, and kicked the sturdy net away from herself. Fair enough, he imagined he wouldn't want anything to do with the contraption either, in her position. Her attention fell on him again, and the masked wolf blinked back at her. "Ye wouldn't happen te have any o' that healing stuff, would ye?" she asked, and for a moment the moss-dappled wolf found himself wondering if he had hit his head. "Thank ye for freeing me." she added, and he quickly clued in to the fact that she had an accent. He bobbed his head mutely, acknowledging her thanks but not offering much else in reply. He was busy retrieving the burlap bag from where he had apparently dropped it near the lantern in his hurry to free the stranger. Sharp fangs and a few nimble movements of those teeth made quick work of untying the cord holding it shut, and he dumped the contents onto the dusty floor.

Horsetail grew in relative abundance within the mangrove where he lived, and so he had a fair bit of it in his bag for occasions such as this. He figured there was always a risk of sharp stones cutting open an unwary paw, and sure enough it was coming in handy. He also had a short strip of tattered, thin linen he used for binding wounds. The small bundle of pre-chewed horsetail poultice was stacked on the strip of linen, and he grabbed the bundle in his teeth to return to the strange fae. "Wot are ye doin' in a silly place like this anyway?" she questioned as he plodded over, to which he initially shrugged in response. Once he dropped his bundle at her paws, he licked the stray fibres of linen from his teeth before saying "Exploring." and promptly set to work unwinding the sinew holding the leaf bundle together. He wanted to make sure the horsetail was still pliable enough to be used right away, or he'd have to take a moment to chew it up again. "Someone said there were slavers in here. I didn't rightly believe 'em." the fae continued, seemingly baffled by the notion that anyone would be here at all. The mud-hued healer shrugged mutely in response, focused on his examination of the herbs. They were still pliable and damp, as evidenced by a quick skimming of his tongue over the surface of the thick wad of plant matter. Perfect. "I guess I believe 'em now, eh?" as she spoke again, he realized he was probably being pretty rude by giving these curt answers. Verdant gaze lifted to meet hers and he offered an awkward chuckle and a nod of agreement.

Thankfully, she didn't seem to concerned by his behaviour so far. "Name's Ada. And wot might the name of me savior be?" she questioned next. He lifted a paw to slip the muntjac skull away from his features, letting the leather straps catch it as it settled against the fur of his chest. He offered a crooked grin. "Bog." he said simply, before glancing back down at the assortment of supplies at his paws. "I can wrap that paw for you, and help you back out of here, if you'd like." he offered, tipping his muzzle towards the horsetail and linen placed between them. "Should only take a few moments, and then I would like to take that net with me, if you're not in a hurry." he added, lopsided grin turning just the slightest bit sheepish as he realized he was imposing a few expectations on a stranger almost from the jump.

"speech" thinking "others"