ardent

my momma done told me

Ocena

gems
size
build
player
08-04-2013, 10:23 PM

Ocena bit back a smile at Orica's antics, but that smile faded quickly, and soon Ocena was left only with worry and a hint of irritation. She was worried, of course, because Orica was lying, and why would Orica lie? And irritated for the same reason. But why would her young daughter lie to her mother? It was a small comfort to Ocena that the female was terrible at it; it meant that she clearly was not practiced in the art. That was good, but watching Orica's eyes dart around made Ocena narrow her mismatched eyes slightly. "Pretty strange questions for my daughter to ask for no reason," Ocena settled on saying, ears twitching slightly as she spoke.

What was there to say? Ocena hoped that Orica would confess her true reasoning without much prodding on her part. "Tell me, Orica, what do you know of your father's past?" It was a simple enough question, but one that had a lot of weight behind it. Was her father the wolf that Orica asked about? Or someone else all together? Ocena wanted to know, but she wasn't going to push it just yet. If Orica didn't want to tell, well, perhaps Ocena would tell her a story first. Her daughter deserved to know just a little. It wouldn't be too dark, of course. But perhaps it was the kind of story that Orica needed to hear. A story of changing from bad to good, and finding happiness.

Speech