ardent

Small comforts

Iris

gems
size
build
player
08-02-2021, 07:49 PM

She relaxed back a bit again once Zee agreed that the training was important, but warned her not to rush the foundation work, giving a nod of agreement. She didn't like feeling as if she needed to grasp at every opportunity to prove herself and make sure that her place here wasn't lost, but she hoped that perhaps over time as she built up her skills she would eventually see herself as valuable to them. Part of her just didn't want to let Sirius down. He had done so much for her already that the thought of disappointing him or making him feel like his time was wasted hurt her more than she expected.

Her attention refocused on Zee when she asked what other duties she had been given, giving her a soft smile. "Oh, well... I've mostly spent my time collecting herbs between training lessons. I've studied healing since I was little so I'm just trying to be useful where I can. He did tell me that I would be a handmaiden for someone when he brought me here, but I've been recovering so I haven't actually begun that work yet..." She glanced to Sirius curiously, looking for him to confirm things for her. "Am I going to be Zee's handmaiden, sir?" She was a little hopeful that this would be the case. She quite liked the tawny woman so far and the idea of getting to spend most of her time serving a woman was admittedly a relief.

"Iris"