Past the tribulation

Mortis

Iris

gems
size
build
player
08-03-2021, 01:35 AM

She peeked up at him after a moment when she heard his laughter, blinking as he spoke about how he had thought he was the only one that could stumble over words like this and assured her it was okay - and telling her to not call him "sir". Her ears flicked uncertainly at that, wondering if it was really okay to call the Warlord's son only by his name, but when the feathered tip of his wing brushed her shoulder and he offered her the title of "friend" she blinked and looked at him with wide eyed surprise. It felt like one thing to offer her kindness or give her a little bit of help with carrying herbs back to the den, but to call her - a slave - his friend... that astounded her and took her and made it impossible for her to answer for a moment while she tried to gather her thoughts.

"I've... I've never had a friend before," she replied softly and shyly after a moment, a little smile pulling across her lips. Her blue tipped tail wagging against the ground gave away how she felt about the idea, her orchid gaze grateful as she looked up at this giant softy of a man. "That would be nice," she finally agreed after a moment, a rare, genuine smile pulling across her features. "I'd love to have you as a friend, Mortis." Calling him by his name still felt a bit odd, but she was sure that she would grow used to it over time. She gave him a questioning look, adding, "What do friends do? What kind of things do you like?"

"Iris"