size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-07-2021, 10:39 PM

It had been quite a day for learning for Artorias, and it was still early morning! What had started as a simple border patrol had turned into a deep life lesson about power, control, and ethics. But isn't that what he had come here for? To learn how to lead, to be an alpha and all of the responsibilities that came with it? The lessons he had with Sirius ranged from the practical to the deeply profound, and every day felt like a new challenge or awakening had been presented to him. Sirius explained how his life could have been different if his parents hadn't been loyal soldiers. He would have been sold to the highest bidder instead of given to a princess, and in turn he never would have been given the Armada and made its Warlord. He would likely have served out the rest of his days in obscurity, the world never knowing his name. And if he never had the Armada, never married Zee, then she would never have saved Tamsyn, and Artorias would never have been born.

It was a lot of heavy material for the young wolf to take in, and he was a little grateful to Sirius for ending their conversation there. He took a slow breath to try and steady out his spinning brain. No, Artorias had not learned the stories of the Ashen Empire, as his mother Resin had a distaste for the collective and staunchly refused to allow the Hallows to be a part of them. He knew some of the Armada's history from Tamsyn's stories of serving as its General, but beyond that, these were all new tales to the boy. Sirius ended their lesson by telling Artorias he would have to make his own opinion on the matter of slavery, and whether his pack would incorporate it or not. He looked up to the larger man when he mentioned his mothers holding influence over his perspectives, and to a degree he was right. Neither of them had chosen to talk about it or expose any of their children to the ways of some of the other packs, to cultures outside of their own, perhaps out of disdain for them. He couldn't say for sure. But whatever the reason, this was all uncharted territory for the blue wolf.

At the Warlord's urging, Artorias rose to his paws and followed alongside his mentor wherever they went. "Thank you, Sirius," he said after a moment, turning appreciative amber eyes up to the Warlord's weathered features, "for talking to me and treating me like an adult. My mother, she tries to protect us all. But sometimes it makes me think we might just end up being sheltered instead of prepared. So... thank you for being open and not keeping the realities of the world from me."

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.