gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-05-2013, 04:53 PM

Burn the land and Boil the Sea; but you can't take the sky from me

Gargoyle was not kept waiting long. A touch of red-ginger fur was seen through the plant life. At the same time, scent and sight came together to reveal Maverick - the boy who would be king. Gargoyle almost grinned. The young princling had come to Glaciem what seemed like ages ago, in the company of an adviser. They hadn't staid long of course, but Gargoyle had taken a liking to the lad, and the other way around. The chief had a soft spot for youth and Maverick of then had been a perfect picture of excitment and innocence and good will. It was hard for the behemoth not to like him. That had been a long time ago, however, and Gargoyle knew only too well how things could change. How light hearted young boys could become men burdened with darkness of their own. As far as first impressions went however, it looked like Gargoyle had little to worry about. The lime eyes were bright and sincere as Maverick wished him welcome. The eyes were indeed the same, but the boy had gotten bigger and filled out. Beyond that, the presence of the red wolf had increased. He held himself, well, like a full Alpha. The the invitation, Gargoyle stepped past the scent markers and came up along side Maverick to look him over.

"Your kingdom?" he repeated in a voice that in any other wolf would've been tinted with good-natured surprise. "My how times do change us." He looked the boy up and down. Scratch that. The man. It made perfect sense. Maverick looked like an Alpha. Pulled off the whole thing quite well actually. And Gargoyle would be lying to himself if he said that the realization didn't come with a little unexpected relief. This meant that he wouldn't be talking about his packs activities with a total stranger. He'd be dealing with someone he knew -and who his packmate Insomnia had loved like a son.

"It's good to see you're well," the grey-black beast rumbled out. "I wonder if the new alpha can spare a bit of time to speak. Much has passed since we last met and as our allies you've a right to know." Despite the humility in the words, there was a great deal of the same unconscious pride in Gargoyle's bearing. No matter the new scars that covered his neck and leg, there was still enough power in his muscles to rival that of a black bear's. It wouldn't be like that forever, of course, but for now, he still bore himself like a King. Packland or not, he still guided and ruled over a family and packmates who depended on him. He still had to stand strong. And it was precisely about that he intended to talk.

GARGOYLE

41 inches of doberman & timber wolf

been just about everything but a saint