size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
08-10-2021, 05:52 PM

Satira said that her chest hurt and Asla believed that completely. She'd been crushed between coils of pure muscle. "We'll go see your father. He'll be able to help." Mojito would know what to do to help the girl. He would be able to look at her and fell if anything was broken. Just the thought that Asla had brought about this injury infuriated her. Had she not taken the tiny girl so far away from the pack, this wouldn't have happened. Perhaps it was a good thing that her father convinced her to stay until spring.

And then the girl apologized from atop her mother's back. Aslatiel's heart clenched and she stopped in her tracks. Gently, she extracted the tiny child from her ruff and once again held Satira against her chest. "You have no reason to be sorry, my love." Aslatiel peppered little kisses across her daughter's crown. "I'm sorry. I should have been faster." Gently, Asla stroked the back of the cream colored girl's head. "I didn't protect you."

Again that self loathing struck at her like the snake that had just tried to kill her child. She had failed Satira and had almost lost her because of it. Asla should have known that there was a snake. She should have seen it and hurried Satira away. Again she kissed her daughters brow as tears filled her amaranthine eyes. "I'm sorry, love. You're safe now." She tried to be reassuring, but inside she felt like a failure.

"Speech"
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]