An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
08-17-2021, 08:38 AM
His people weren't really the type to stargaze, not really. They preferred things more tangible, things you could immediately touch and experience - like the trees and the weather. As Sota slowly adapted to this new world he found his mind broadening and his attention captured by things like the night sky. They seemed infinitely far away, but still clearly part of the world, and he wondered what they could tell them, if anything at all. Maybe they had no purpose at all, he could accept that too, but he had to wonder if they symbolized something that his mind just couldn't grasp.

"Nice to meet you, Serenity. Officially, I mean." Sota explained. One of the strange things about living in a pack was that, even though you were a cohesive group, you didn't always know everyone by name even if you knew of them. Or maybe that was just due to his introversion. He couldn't help but feel a bit guilty about it though, and he knew he had to push himself to get to know the rest of the pack he'd neglected to connect with. He grinned as he settled down as well, sliding down onto his belly to lay beside Serenity.

"Do you ever feel like one of these stars? Like.. you're just... falling into nothingness," he mused thoughtfully as he watched one of the stray stars streak across the sky and disappear. He didn't mean it into a depressing way, not really, and he quickly corrected himself. "I don't mean that in a morbid way. Just that feeling of... being without direction, I guess, like the ground could give out from beneath you without warning." Or maybe it was just him? He'd felt that way when he'd first left home, and even more so when he'd found out Eris had been captured. Finally he remembered feeling that way once he'd drifted apart from Eris and Oxide and Casper. He'd only felt stable once he'd ended up with this group, and since then he'd felt more steady than ever before.

Sota has a male bamboo lemur companion named Kaito, he's sometimes nearby but usually only if stated!