size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
08-19-2021, 08:55 AM

She chuckled singly in almost a huff as he spoke again, a gentle smile put on her face after she was lost in her thoughts. Ulric was seeming, or at least becoming much more like a friend than a father. But she preferred it that way actually. In an adult age, she couldn't really imagine wanting to be cradled by a father she never knew. Maybe if they had met long ago when her mother abandoned her, but not now. Though really she didn't feel all that dependent on someone else. Didn't need to be cuddled, spoiled, whatever. But maybe it was because of the way her mother treated her. It was nearly all ancient history now. It hurt to have a mother that didn't want you, but Serenity had been over it a long time ago. It hurt that she didn't want her, but it was better that she left her.

"I'm uh, well over it, you know?" Maybe she was trying to reassure him or something, but it wasn't a lie. "It was easy to be over it, and move on. It's easy for me to move on." She spoke mostly nonchalant, like it was easy for her to talk to Ulric as uneasy as she was when they first met. But when she realized that she was kind of saying it was easy for her to run, she let out a little nervous chuckle, "I mean, not to worry you or anything." She paused for a few seconds, but didn't give him much time to respond, "I've been on my own for a long time." She confessed, but he already knew that. "Strangers are easy, being close is hard." She looked at him for a second in their walk, "But I can guess you already kind of know the feeling."

"Serenity"