size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
08-22-2021, 06:39 PM
She needed Dalila’s understanding and support now more than she ever had. The naive princess had worked her way into the mess she was facing and felt the consequences immediately. In the way her body was abused and now the journey to see the effort through to fruition. What she needed most would not come as the mottled woman struggled to put the pieces together, she hesitated and became detached. Siren grit her teeth as pain laced through her heart and through her veins. Liquid filled her eyes but she willed the tears not to spill over even as Dalila maintained her distance.

She had been worried, and looking all over for her. She had every right to be upset, and the guilt poured heavier on her shoulders. Siren didn’t want to relive any of it but Dalila continued to press. Was she swept out to sea? Had she left all on her own? Did she know this man? She took a breath to explain, no matter how much her mind screamed not to. No matter how much she wanted to sleep and forget what was happening. Before she could speak Dalila stood up and hurried to the apothecary.

Siren finally looked up, still feeling the dizziness but already feeling better with the long drink of water she had taken. The mottled woman returned with herbs and Siren wasn’t even sure she wanted her answer anymore. She dutifully offered the herbs but kept her space from her, as though revulsed. Siren curled in on herself, curling her toes into the soft furs and blankets as wave after wave shook her tiny form. Dalila’s distance was agonizing, but she didn’t feel like she deserved to reach out.

Then Dalila spoke again, both of them knowing the likely result from what happened. Siren could prevent further pain and heartache now, she could discard her duty after enduring the river demon. After she survived what he asked of her. Could she make it through this though? Separation from the woman she loved, and who had loved her? The desire to lie to Dalila now was even stronger, but it would help nothing in the end.

"The puppies are the reason this happened,” she answered quietly, unable to look at Dalila, barely even able to keep her eyes open. "He appeared to me on a river when I was younger,” she couldn’t remember how long ago now. "Tiberius, the river god. He said to come to him when he called for me.” She continued to explain, her voice softer even as she re-lived her experience with the water spirit. "His voice came from the ocean, I stepped into the surf and the current carried me to him.” She whispered softly, knowing that the will of the spirits couldn’t truly be fathomed. And even as she told the tale, knew this was part of the sacrifice she would be asked to make. Tears began to stain her cheeks, and still she didn’t look towards Dalila. Afraid of what she would find there when what she wanted the most was her love.

The appearance of the spirits had mostly happened when she was a young pup, after Dalila entered her life they had nearly stopped, she acted like a curtain to shield her from the spirit world. But it had found another way to reach her, a form that took on flesh and blood and demanded she sacrifice everything. "I couldn’t refuse.” She tried to explain, princess she might be but there was higher beings even than she.

"Siren Primrose Klein"