ardent

where the red fern grows

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
08-06-2013, 07:25 PM

He shifted, trying to decide how best to present the promotion to the Esquire. He knew Pontifex would likely be very excited about the change, so there wasn't much chance of upsetting him - but he still wanted to phrase it in the best way possible. His father had always been so eloquent. It was one thing that Maverick hoped he could carry on in his reign over the Kingdom. True, changes would be made, but it was essential that some things remained the same.

Pontifex arrived swiftly, probably having been patrolling or hunting. The King gave a final glance to the kindred fern before shifting his lime gaze upon the esquire, a smile upon his face. As Pontifex greeted him kindly, the King chided a loyal note. Ser, came the lyrics. I apologize if I interrupted anything of importance, but I have news I wish to give you. Seriousness overcame his face, though there was still a note of happiness in his lime eyes. I understand you were unable to attend the coronation meeting, and therefore will probably not be aware that we are now without a beta of any sort. After much discussion between the Queen and I, it occurs to us that no one is more capable than you. We would like to promote you to the title of Grand Duke, with responsibilities including patrolling, accepting new members, and also traveling to the battlefield from time to time in order to recruit new wolves to the Kingdom. Will you accept this title? It seemed that was as eloquent as he could put it, and so he fell silent to allow Pontifex to process what he'd just said. For now he would be Seracia's only beta, until such a time as when one of his children was chosen as heir and Kamala was returned to her former title as Grand Duchess. Maverick felt confident he could pull off the job with ease, and so he was not worried in the slightest.

Speech,