An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
09-03-2021, 09:41 PM

"It's not-" Hanako sighed so deeply poor Bean got jostled. This was a mess, yet another splatted right in front of her paws. Now she was forced to face the music she was at a loss of what to say, no words felt right on the tip of her tongue. "Because I didn't think it would come to this. He- we used to be together, sort of. And he's always been so good to me but he went missing and I was told he'd died." She paused and drummed her paw against the ground, in a nervous little beat. A bad habit threatening to form.

This was the reason she avoided these sorts of conversations, it was a sink or swim situation and she was at risk of plummeting fast. She teetered on the edge and the words that passed her lips didn't feel like her own. She wanted to stop, to bite her lip and say something else, but something drove her forward. Like it was about time she was honest, without decadent dressing to make it seem more palatable.

"My parents sold me when I was a few weeks old, I don't even remember their faces." Maybe that's why she was so desperate for attention and a sense of belonging, cause she'd been denied it from the start. "I think I wanted to be wanted-and you were so good to me. I was going to say yes. I just-" I can't be alone. She clicked her teeth shut and was quick to clear her throat. "I'm sort of grounded right now, I just ran away with you instead of asking to leave and I got in trouble for that. But then he came back and I told him about you and we argued, a lot."

She was at risk of rambling off onto a meaningless tangent, hurt piling atop of more hurt. Where were her diplomatic skills when she needed them? More so where was her old mask, try as she might she couldn't play this off all cool with a smile. Maybe Sparrow was too good for her, maybe that's why they just couldn't be.

"I didn't do this to hurt either of you. I wouldn't do that. And I don't know what to call this but I don't think anyone is to blame, least of all you for caring about me."

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]