size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-05-2021, 05:33 PM

His question caused Grimshaw to look down at his feet. Was he ashamed, perhaps just considering his answer? Artorias didn't press, he gave the fellow yearling the time he needed to collect his thoughts. Time stretched on between them, but Artorias continued to wait. He needed this answer; needed to know what he had been to this wolf he'd considered a brother once. He finally got his answer when Grim looked back up and admitted that they did matter, that he owed it to Resin to make himself worth something. It didn't require much scrutiny from Artorias to know that Grim was telling the truth. There was a softness in the larger wolf's silver eyes, a vulnerability that showed he was being honest.

Wordlessly, the blue-furred wolf nodded his head, his eyes dipping from Grim's for a moment while he reflected on the anger he'd felt, the bitterness of betrayal. That fire had been tamped down, smothered until only embers remained. He knew he had a choice to make. He could either forgive Grimshaw and work towards making amends, he could cut ties with the wolf and never see his face again, or he could hate him for the pain of the past and hold onto that grudge for the rest of his days. After spending so much time angry with Grimshaw for abandoning them, letting go seemed impossible. But Artorias also didn't want to live with hate in his heart. It was a poison, and he would not allow it to hold him.

He had his answer before he had even started to consider it.

Artorias drew in a deep breath, holding it trapped within his lungs, then slowly released it in a sigh. His tense shoulders slumped and his expression softened. Amber eyes turned back up to meet silver. Artorias no longer saw an enemy in front of him. He saw his brother. "I was prepared to spend the rest of my life hating you for leaving us the way you did, Grim," he began, "but that's not what I want my life to be. I don't want to spend my days hating, and I don't want others to hurt for the mistakes of the past." Rising to his paws, Artorias took a few cautious steps closer to Grimshaw, moving gradually towards the larger young man until he could reach closer and attempt to pull Grim into a hug. It was something the two had never shared as pups, but it felt like something they both needed.

"I won't ever pretend to know what you went through, Grim. But I do hope this isn't the end. You'll always be my brother, regardless of what you think or feel, and no matter where your path takes you, the gates of the Hallows will be open to you." It was a small gesture, but Artorias hoped the impact of his promise wasn't lost on Grimshaw. He still regarded the wolf as his brother, someone he would come running for and stand beside, someone who would have a bed in the castle ready to receive them if they found their way back. Artorias pulled back some, giving Grimshaw a trace of a smile and said, "I hope you find what you're looking for here."

"Artorias" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.