ardent

need you to stay

Liste

gems
size
build
player
08-07-2013, 05:01 PM

Keeping her gaze focused on his was the best way to keep her calm now, Liste had decided. The gentle, caring look in his eyes made her heartbeat slow down just a bit, cause her legs to stop shaking. It felt safe. She took a deep breath to steady herself before responding to his inquiry. She wasn't keen on giving him the information he wanted - she knew he would investigate - but she couldn't stop herself. She felt the pull to give into defeat. "It was maybe four nights ago? I can't be sure anymore, it all has sort of blurred together."

Her answer was honest. The panic she had felt, the lack of sleep in the days since the incident, everything had become confused for her. Time just seemed to blend. Being with Angeal was slowing it down, though. She was comprehending now. What she couldn't comprehend, though, were his next statements. Liste hadn't doubted that he was tough, but a seasoned warrior? Brow raised, she shot him a piercing golden look, all panic and nervousness replaced by curiosity. "What do you mean? Why have you been in so many battles?"

Something told her that he wasn't telling her something. She wondered nervously what it could be, but there was little worry in her mind. Whatever he had to tell her would matter little. It had been in his past, and in the present he was nothing but concerned and caring toward her. "You know you can tell me, Angeal," she murmured quietly, only a tone of adoration in her voice. No matter what, she would stay by his side, and maybe even let him help her.

i may be running, running , running !