An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
09-12-2021, 10:04 AM

Sounds like they're trying to compensate for something.

His brother's comment pulled a chuckle from Álarr and the horned male nodded. That certainly seemed to be the case. Either over compensation or they really were fearful of Fireside and acting aggressively based on that fear.

So Sirius talked to you after?

Álarr nodded. "While I was pretending to be unconscious I caught him saying this 'This wolf is from Fireside, you know about their attack on Ashen? How much intel do you think they got on our borders?'" He remembered the raid well and was still proud of the maim he'd performed on the black and white male that had attacked him so viciously.

"Clearly the Armada and Ashen are allies of some sort." He of course had no way of knowing that when going around the Armada's border but it was good to know now. "Once we awoke he said 'The first and last time a Fireside Wolf got this close to my borders - I was washing the scent of pee from coat for days. As you can see, we can subdue you easily, so whatever mischief you were planning, you can give it up. I won't keep you, this was just a warning - I won't have any more incidents like the last, Wolf of Fireside.'"

Álarr snorted. If they were so easy to subdue then why had the warlord acted so fearfully? And winning one fight didn't mean he was guaranteed an easy win against a Fireside wolf in the future. "He then followed up with ''In the three years of my rule, not once has a wolf - loner pack, or otherwise - gotten as close to my borders as you did, and not meant official business with my pack. You might want to get your sniffer checked by your pack healers…"

Álarr rolled his eyes. "I'm not sure if he expects wolves to just turn around and head back at the lightest scent of Armada scent or what but I had to be close enough to smell the border in order to figure out its boundaries so I could help my companion safely around it. Again, I'm not sure this encounter was driven by logic. I think Sirius saw a chance at revenge after the incident with Jupiter and jumped at it. I don't know if defeating me has sated that desire or not."