size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-22-2021, 06:43 PM

Artorias gave a surprised "oof" when Briar spontaneously threw herself at him, feeling her strong forelegs wrap around his neck to pull him into a tight embrace, as if separating from him would end her life. He chuckled softly, nuzzling the top of Briar's head while simultaneously avoiding getting poked in the eye by her antlers, drawing in deep breaths of her scent to keep it fresh in his memory for the long months they'd be apart. He brought his paws up to wrap around Briar's back and squeeze her tight against him, placing soft kisses to Briar's crown. "I know, my love, I know..." he whispered, gently swaying to and fro with her in his arms for the duration of their embrace. "Soon though, I promise you both will be back with me."

He reluctantly let go of Briar when she pulled back, allowing him to turn a warm smile to Lia. The fire-hued girl promised she'd look out for Briar. He appreciated that, and showed it by stepping closer to nuzzle Lia's cheek. "I know you will, Lia. That means more to me than you know. " Pulling back enough to look Lia in the eye, he added, "Stay safe, both of you. I'll see you again before you know it." Giving Lia one final parting nuzzle to leave a trace of his scent across her should anyone try to take her from him and Briar, Artorias returned to Briar and gently but insistently caught her lips with his own in a slow, savoring kiss. He didn't break apart for several long seconds, resting his forehead against hers once he did to stare into her turquoise eyes with a smile one more time. "I love you," he whispered just for Briar to hear. Then he slipped away and walked across the border.

"I'll see you both in the summer! Be safe!" he called back to the two ladies, and with one last smile to hide his heartache, turned westward back to the path that led him home. He had learned so much about leadership, about the world, and about himself from his time in the Armada. Perhaps one day he would return to aid Sirius again, or maybe he would do it as an alpha rather than a student. Only time would tell. But for now, it was time for Artorias to return home. The road would be long and he would have much time to think and reflect on his lessons and experience. Corbin flew off overhead with his master, and Argent lingered behind the dark-furred wolf looking to catch one more glimpse of Marigold and blow her a kiss with an exaggerated wave before they disappeared past the whitewashed trees of Ashen lands.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.