An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
09-27-2021, 01:25 AM

Briar nodded in agreement when he mentioned how it could be a coming of age celebration for them instead. That felt much better than dragging out a belated birthday that was now shrouded in so much frustration, at least for her. It would be nice to have one last thing all together with her family before she moved away. Even though Armada and The Hallows would probably always be close and friendly and she was sure to get visits from him occasionally - especially after she and Artorias decided to start a family - she was till moving to a different continent a whole day of travel away so it did feel a little bit like she would be saying goodbye. A grin pulled across her features as he mentioned her future title, feeling a bit of pride bloom in her chest. She was feeling much more confident about taking on the role than she once had, but she'd feel even more worthy once she did some training in diplomacy and pack relations. She really felt like that could be the section of the pack that she could help the most in when she was supporting Artorias and The Hallows so the more she could learn the better.

She could see him considering her question over what she should do between helping him with the carcass he was skinning and going to start packing things for a trip, but eventually he pulled the carcass between them and asked how nimble she was with her claws. She chuckled softly and replied, "Well enough for them to be a good weapon so I can probably handle some skinning." She settled down with her father, following his lead and mimicking his movements as they continued to skin the animal, picking up the work where he had left off. It got her to thinking about the last time she had really put her claws to work, remembering the attack that she had interrupted with Lia had been raped.

Her brow creased at the thought and spoke while she worked since she hadn't had the chance to bring it up to her father yet. "You know, it seems like there's been a lot of attacks lately... Or at least a few back to back. Gwynevere getting assaulted, the fight Art was in that turned south... And Lia was attacked while she was out several weeks ago. I fought the guy off and Lia was okay, but it just makes me wonder where all of this is coming from and why wolves do these things." She was very obviously being exposed to more and more of the darker side of the world and her rational side was trying to put logic behind something that had none.

"Briar Fatalis"