size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
09-30-2021, 07:11 PM

Pontifex rested his neck over Ikigai's shuddering frame, holding her close as she released the pent up sorrow within her. She'd felt terrible from the moment that Toxicity had taken her children and left and felt partly responsible for the event. Had she not approached her mother with fears and doubts about her aunt? There was a buildup of guilt in the girl. It was made worse because she cared so deeply for her cousin. Iki had a better relationship with Pont than with most of her own siblings. It killed her inside that he was forced to leave with his mother.

As she drew back and searched his face, asking for his promise, Iki could see the emotion welling up within him. This was so wrong. Neither of them had done anything to deserve such painful heartache. All she wanted was to keep her loved ones close and safe, yet Pontifex was about to embark upon a journey that would lead him far, far away from her. The pale princess's throat burned and clenched tightly as she fought the sobs that beat at her chest, begging to be let out.

Pontifex assured her that he would never forget her an Iki forced a smile, the lifting of her cheeks causing a fresh welling of tears to overflow. His next questioned shocked her and Iki's mouth fell open. The girl shook her head vehemently. "Never! No matter how angry our mothers are at each other, that has nothing to do with us. You're my family, Pontifex," she assured him, strength filling her words. "I could never hate you." Never in a million years.

Lifting one delicate paw, Iki wiped the tears from her cousins amaranthine and obsidian cheeks. "No matter what happens or where our paths take us, we'll always be family. I'll always come when you call. I promise." Just because their mothers were at war didn't mean that they had to be. If it was forbidden that she see Pontifex, well... even the best of them had to break rules once in their lives, right?

"X"

[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]