size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
10-03-2021, 01:23 AM

For a while, Artorias just watched Lia moving about the den, making him a fresh stew, cleaning up the already spotless abode. It still made him chuckle to see the young woman's work ethic at play. Though he had freed her from a traditional life of slavery, being kept occupied and busy was what seemed to keep Lia happy. Far be it for him to deny her the lifestyle that made her feel the most fulfilled. He couldn't wait to see her reaction when she got to live in the Carpathian Castle permanently. The poor darling would spend all of her days trying to keep the enormous structure clean at this rate! He might have to help her dial it back a bit, remind her that she wasn't a maid and wouldn't need to tend to the entirety of the castle.

His question seemed to strike a nerve within her though. Artorias raised a curious brow when Lia hesitated far too long, clearly searching for some rehearsed answer or carefully choosing her words in a tactful manner. Just as he suspected, Lia gave him a smile and informed him that Briar was treating her well and the rest of the Armada didn't even consider her a slave. "That's because you aren't a slave, Lia," Artorias corrected her gently. "You are the handmaiden to the princess. You play a very important role in her life. I may have bought you from slavers, but you are no slave. Not any longer."

He waited a beat to see if his words had sunken in. The way in which he treated Lia was not only a reflection of how he felt about the woman, but how he felt about her role as well. Lia was no slave in shackles. She was a trusted and devoted servant to the wolves he cared about. He had given her a number of luxuries and liberties. But most importantly, if she asked him to do so, he would free her fully. Artorias didn't offer it to her, since he had a use for her and saw the fulfillment serving brought to her life, but if the day ever came where Lia wished to be her own wolf, Artorias would strike down the imaginary chains binding her to him.

After a few moments, Artorias turned his focus back to Lia's attempt to subvert his question. "I'm glad the Armada wolves are treating you well. But that's not the whole truth, is it?" He fixed Lia with a gaze that showed he knew she was withholding something from him. "If you don't wish to tell me, you don't have to. But if something or someone is bothering you, Lia, I'd like to know."

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.