An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
10-04-2021, 12:43 PM

Briar nodded in agreement when her father mentioned that he was surprised the man Art had fought had managed to pull a fast one on the new Hallows Aegis. She had been equally surprised - especially knowing what she knew about the extent of what had happened to Artorias in the fight. Art was a fantastic fighter and the fact that someone was able to best him, do what he did, and take his sword still didn't sit right with her. It was hard to imagine anyone besting him, but it had happened. She had full confidence that Art would get the revenge he no doubt craved one of these days - she just hoped he was smarter about it this time around. It still bothered her that he just ran head first into the fight with no backup, but that was something that couldn't be changed now.

She gave another nod when he questioned Lia's attack. She had kept that attack pretty quiet just for Lia's privacy over it and since no real damage had been done, but it was still something that kept her pretty close to her handmaiden's side and had Willow continue to follow her whenever she wasn't near by. Briar could protect herself, but until Lia learned to do the same she wasn't going to leave Lia unattended, especially not with such dangerous brutes around. She gave another nod when he told her to be careful in her trips to and from The Hallows and it wasn't until she went to respond that she caught the fact that he didn't tell her not to go because of everything that was going on - just to be careful.

Briar blinked as she processed that and a little smile pulled at her lips. She knew how protective he was, she knew how much he wanted to keep all of his family close. It was one of the reasons why she had been dreading having to officially ask him to leave the pack because of the fear that he would put up a fight about it. The fact that he still acknowledged her freedom to do the things she wanted to do and just expressed his concern as any father undoubtedly would made her really happy. She got up and moved closer to him, pressing her nose to his cheek. "I'll be careful, I promise. I always am. And I've gotten to be a damn good fighter too," she added with a bit of a proud grin. "Maybe we can spar sometime and I can show you... As long as you're still up for a fight, old man," she teased with a chuckle, giving him a bright grin. She still doubted she could ever beat her father, but her self doubt had been chased away with the hours and hours of training she had put into her skills and the love and support she had received from wolves like Artorias, Aslatiel, Mortis, and Lia. They had built her up and now she felt like she could finally start standing on her own four paws.

"Briar Fatalis"