size
Small species
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KBeeventTreat 2019
10-12-2021, 06:10 PM
Armando was mincing along minding his own business when a face he'd hoped to never see again appeared around the rocks. Naturally he froze. The gears in his head continued to work as he tried to do the math on the situation. Was the hat on his head? Yes, yes it was. What were the odds the dog had seen other red pandas since the party? Low. Really low. Was he about to get chased? Yes, yes he was. Shit. He grinned broadly at Artisan and cleared his throat.  "You see, I can explai-" psych, he was off like a shot in the opposite direction as fast as his chubby little legs could carry him. He was so close to home and yet so far away! There had to be a crevice or something big enough to wedge himself in. He'd stay there all night if he had to- Armando skittered to a halt as a guttural noise overtook the wolf's fading echo. The reverb blasted him back several steps and seemed to suck the air out of his lungs.

He turned and in his haste ran in place for a split second as he tried to get away from whatever the hell that was roaring down there. Armando had only gone a few steps when the sound had hit him but he regretted every single one. If he'd been scared of Artisan he was terrified of whatever creature could produce that sort of noise. He'd felt it in his chest as though the beast had shaken his bones. Yeah no. He'd rather take his chances with the angry mongrel.

Was that movement he heard? The sound of heavy claws clinking on stone as a beast approached? Armando was too freaked out to look. He was running as fast as he could, but, let's face it, it was never going to be enough. Thankfully his mind was moving faster. To Artisan, whom he was approaching quickly, he yelled, "I know a way out, I know a way out!" A lie. "Take me with you and I'll lead you out!"

Armando has a female tufted titmouse companion. It doesn't have a name because it's dumb and doesn't deserve one. Assume it's with him always.