gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-13-2021, 02:30 PM

Laeta didn’t realize she’d become lost in the dead mire of her head until a foreing voice pierced the silence. The woman blinked as a figured had appeared in front of her, seemingly out of thin air. Again, the instinct to flee clawed at her chest and throat, drilling a hole into her stomach that also gnawed from constant hunger. For a few moments, the woman could only stare nervously as the younger male and his raven companion exchanged words. ”Fetch a piece of jerky and meet us back here,” He said to his avian friend, who promptly flew away. Lae traced the creature’s flight path with a brief flicker of her pupils, watching almost intently. It was a skill carved into her very core; watch any movement — it could mean the difference between a piece of prey, or worse, an aggressive loner looking for a fight. Obviously, the interactions between this wolf and his friend was likely the most normal communication she had seen in..well, basically a lifetime. All she knewwas dysfunction, instability, and hatred. Perhaps that sounded a bit pathetic, but it sadly wasn’t far from the truth.

It was then the black-and-blue canine faced his attention towards her. The woman’s brow furrowed in a mixture of confusion and curiosity as he bowed his head to her with a ”Good morning” attached. He bowed his head to her? What little she knew of social interactions suggested that this motion was a sign of respect and greeting, but the only greetings she’d received this far were from the insects and other woodland creatures that nibbled at her feet in the early mornings. She couldn’t say she was offended at all, however, just confused and unsure how to react.

” Welcome to the Hallows. I'm Artorias, Aegis and alpha of the pack,” The male had said in his introduction. She tilted her head softly, as if allowing herself to listen to him more clearly. She knew what an “alpha” was — the pack leader. She picked that up somewhere, wherever that was in her aimless travels. What an Aegis was, specifically, she had no clue, but sue assumed it to be the equivalent to the leader rank in some way. Artorias. The name had a rhythmic lilt to it, bold and strong like the younger man in front of her. It felt odd to be the older one in this instance — weren’t alphas usually closer to elder age? Then again, what did she know? She barely knew what a pack was, aside from her brief observations.

”What brings you to our doorstep, Miss..?” Artorias’ voice trailed off, prompting her to speak. "Laeta," She said, her own name feeling so odd on her tongue. She realized she hadn’t uttered a word to another soul in months — yet, she spoke in her head all the time. It was one of her quirks, she figured; she got so entwined within her inner monologue that she managed to drown the world out until something whisked her back to reality. In this instance, she had to mentally fight herself to remain engaged in even this simple conversation. Her tired and hungry state did little to help, though.

"I, erm..seek to join a pack. If you’ll have me, I suppose." She attempted to emulate the essence of a polite, nonthreatening tone and posture, which showed, had it not been for the fact that she looked as beaten down as a scrambled egg.

"Speech"

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.