Lillyth

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
09-22-2014, 06:52 PM
yes Laz has asked the magic question I use the same methods, Laz!

Except, I usually use whole bands, and just put their songs on shuffle for when I'm doing posts and such. However, individual songs sometimes overlap and all that jazziness.
However, when I have a headache from listening to music all day and jamming loudly to whatever music, I have to think of writing for the characters as actually getting into their character, like for a play or something. Since I'm pretty good at acting and these things, it's a half decent fallback. That doesn't mean I use it often. Music will be played until my ears bleed.

That being said, I'm going to follow suit and list the bands/songs I use to get into the mind of my lovely characters.

For Acadia, since she's based off of my favourite song by Marianas Trench, I tend to go for that band when writing her happy, carefree moments. When she's feeling all grumpy about something, or, eventually, stoned as hell (sorry Loki) I use various songs by the Arctic Monkeys.

Dyani, is one of my weird characters that I just can't figure out a band for. However, given that she's based off of the Winter Soldier (yes I'm a nerd shhhh), I use a lot of songs that are either related to the movie (it's the best movie with a great soundtrack I'm quite happy about it still) or songs that remind me of Bucky Barnes and/or Steve Rogers. The main song I use for her has to be The Winter Soldier from the actual soundtrack. (That's a link by the way and while the intro is kind of terrifying I love it so much)

Lakota is a mixture of Hedley, and Marianas Trench, as well as a song by Hollywood Undead every now and again. Lakota is the character I find to be the easiest to write, since we have fairly similar personalities, and similar affinities for vulgar language. So I don't always have to use music to tune into her personality.

Lillyth, being a new character, I have her whole style in the works. I'm mainly using Hollywood Undead, Disturbed, and, for reasons I have yet to discern, Britney Spears. I don't have much to say about her yet, but I can tell you now she's going to be my chaotic, destructive, angry lady. My venting character, if you will.

Sacha, is probably the happiest, simplest character I've ever had. She's just great, and her character tends to drag me into random, cheery, ridiculous pop songs. A lot of Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, some Marianas Trench and Hedley, depends on what kind of scene I'm putting her into.

Sigyn! Oh my sweet avocados, this character is a bucket of wonderful. Her band of inspiration would have to be Fall Out Boy. Their lyrics are perfect for her, especially their older songs. However, I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure her themesong is 'Talk Dirty (to Me)'.