size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
10-14-2021, 01:15 AM

Laeta took time to consider his words. That was good; it meant she was considering the gravity of this decision. To join a pack—any pack—and become part of a larger collective family was not a life choice to be taken lightly, and the monochrome she-wolf seemed to understand that. Artorias did not pressure her, he did not urge her decision one way or another, nor did he rush her mind. This choice had to be hers and hers alone. If she chose to simply use the Hallows' services to get back on her feet and be on her way, he would understand and be happy to accommodate her. But if she was ready for a brand new life, then he was ready to receive her.

The answer he had been waiting for came when Laeta turned ruby eyes back to meet his gold-flecked amber ones. In those eyes, Artorias saw the lifetime of hardship, of strife, of self-doubt and survival pitched on the edge of a knife. But he also saw potential, spirit, a drive to do more. Ambition. Laeta responded, and her words were exactly what the young Aegis had hoped to hear. His warm smile widened, and he shuffled closer beside Laeta. "Then welcome to the Hallows, Laeta—and welcome home." He went to raise a paw to gently touch her shoulder. "Don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you. This is merely a formality." Should she show trust and not resist him, Artorias would move to wrap a foreleg around Laeta in a welcoming embrace, using the motion to nuzzle the side of her neck and pass some of his scent—the pack's scent—onto her, marking her as a Hallowed wolf. If she flinched or resisted, he would give her the space she needed. They could always do this at a later time.

With her snack eaten, Artorias rose to his paws and shook out his fur, glancing up at the castle that dwarfed the two wolves. "Would you like a tour of your new home?" he offered, motioning for her to follow him with a flick of his head. He would lead the way through the gardens and up the terrace into the grand foyer. Through the large double doors, a grand staircase could be seen spiraling up to the higher floors. Two corridors branched out to the left and right. "This is the Carpathian Castle, the hallmark of the Hallows. Named after my family, Carpathius. My mother, Resin, she founded our pack and our family. It only felt fitting to name the castle that way. This is the foyer, sort of the central hub of the castle. To the left, you have our feast hall, where we hold meetings and celebrations. You're actually joining us at a very exciting time. We're just preparing for our annual Feast of Unity. You'll get to see all of the pack there if you don't meet them before. That way is also our kitchen, food larders and wine cellar. Food is always available, so help yourself to anything when you're hungry."

Artorias led the way down the right corridor and around the east wing of the castle. "Over here is our infirmary and bathhouse. My sister, Gwynevere, is our chief medic. She'll see to your every need, from sniffles to broken bones. The baths are open 24/7 and have a supply of soaps and oils, if you're into keeping your fur maintained to that degree. There's also a lounge for when you need a quiet moment, and the bedrooms for any guests we have staying with us." Artorias gave Laeta all the time she needed to explore each room they passed. When they were done, he began to lead her to the foyer once more to take her up to the next levels of the castle. "Do you have any questions so far, about the pack, or the castle, or anything at all? I know it's a lot to take in all at once." He chuckled under his breath.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.