size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
10-14-2021, 02:53 AM
Jupiter's sarcasm as he answered her didn't register with Alfrun, who had already reached down to begin to gnaw at the glowing corpse and paid only enough attention to be certain he ate it despite his complaints. A movement caught her eye, a rat that glowed nearly as much as the rabbit, but before she could decide whether it was necessary to take the rat too Tanken circled back down with a quork, dropping a hide packet at her paws. As he caught her attention her paw dislodged a crystal from beneath the rabbit's body, and she offered it to the raven who nabbed it to hold for her until she was ready for it. Alfrun touched the hide packet with an absentminded sniff, pulling the scent of it into her mind. "Ah, yes, quite right, thank you my dear, just what we need," she said to the circling raven. They would not need that rat after all.

Carefully opening the packet and selecting a dried, shriveled thing that probably looked an awful lot like an old shriveled testicle but was in fact an old shriveled mushroom, she passed it through the blood of the rabbit before swallowing it. A second not-a-testicle followed suit, but instead of eating it she thrust it towards Jupiter just as she had the heart. She was well aware of the effects of these mushrooms, knowing that they would open Jupiter's mind and soul and allow him to see what needed to be done. Perhaps she should have given them to him long ago, somehow, but she was glad she had waited. This was the right time.

"To break the curse, my dear husband," she said finally in reply, modulating her voice to be as soothing as possible. "I have worked tirelessly since our joining to free you of its effects. All the signs point to this moment as being the most auspicious, and you have seen the other world as I do. It is the Gods' will, Jupiter Imperalis." She gave a soft, breathy laugh and moved closer to him, head cocked slightly to look up into his eyes. A faint smile looked odd on her twisted muzzle, but probably odder yet was the very focused way she looked at him, nothing absentminded or distracted about her. "Do not be afraid, Jupiter. You will make a good father. I can see the stamp of greatness within you though you have not yet grown into it. But you will. Yes."