size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
10-15-2021, 12:10 AM

Naiche could not stop the pain Sirius felt but even as he felt an echo of sorrow for what the giant wolf felt a droplet of rain would land on the ground.  A soft gentle rain enveloped the landscape despite any appearance of clouds in the sky.  Tears fell from the warlord's eyes and the sky seemed to cry with him.

“There were times I had wished I could call you father when I first came.” The golden wolf admitted, “however, I never felt I deserved it as a child.  Eventually, as I matured the need for a father lessened at any rate.  You were my leader and there is comfort in knowing there is one you trust to make final decisions, to lessen the responsibility upon oneself.”  It was possibly a mix of what Sirius would like hearing.  

Naiche’s lip twitched a bit thinking of being something to tell future wolves of.  “I’m not so sure I ever did anything special enough to be shared with future generations.”  A proud grin crossed his features then, “though, I thank taking down that giant bear on my own was pretty damn good.”  After all, not only was a wolf versus a bear always a risky matchup, Naiche never had the same size or bulk as some of the wolves.  The grin faded as his thoughts traveled from there, “Of course, the only one who got to watch the fight was one far too young.”  Naiche closed his eyes and the rain picked up to a more steady rainfall, no longer a light trickling, It pained Sirius enough to cry and he was both adult and hadn’t watched it.  

Naiche let out a slow sigh, “That’s not what I’m asking for though.  I know how possessive you are and protective of family.  I have no need to ask for what you would already give.  I both know you and trust you.”  He let that sink in for a moment before adding on, “I also know the pain you would be carrying and the load it weighs down on you.  Sirius, I appreciate how much you would mourn for me but my request is this,” another pause, “look past my death.  I’m gone, remember me well but look to the future and not the past.  The pack needs you strong.  When you are confident the pack can feel safe and trust that nothing will happen.  Show yourself as the leader you are, move forward.”  Naiche was not Zee nor Azure for the deep ties Sirius had to them but still. “I have no regrets with how I died.  What better way is there than to save the life of one you love?  If you put blame on yourself then you dishonor me for it was my choice and my fight.” Another grin offered, “I fulfilled another vow you know.  To protect the children with my life.  That bear never had a chance.”

"Naiche"
[Image: WE5CTgt.png]