size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
10-15-2021, 03:57 PM

The moment froze in time and it would be one that Aslatiel would never forget. After praising their boy, Naiche told her that he loved her. A sad, laughing sob pulled from the fawn colored fae and she gently stroked the golden man's cheek, ridding his for of a bit of clinging blood. Whether it belonged to him or the bear, she didn't know, nor did she care. "I love you too, Naiche," she spoke aloud, though her voice wavered. No matter who her heart belonged to, the woman had realized that there was room within that heart for others. She loved her children beyond measure but she also loved this dying man. He had been her friend and more for so long... She would sorely miss him. Today would be his last. The last time that they saw one another. The last time that he looked proudly upon their son. The last everything. She wanted to put his mind at ease as much as she was able to. One last gesture of friendship and love before the end.

She could see the realization slowly settle on the boy's face and the tears ran anew. Arc sank down to lay beside his father and Aslatiel curled herself against the grey and gold boy's back while also keeping her head close to Naiche's. She pulled the little pangolin into the pile as well, having seen his sorrowful, pleading gaze. This was the end. She knew enough of anatomy to know that he wasn't coming back from this. Gut wounds, especially ones where viscera was severed, were a slow death. She wouldn't allow that to happen. Naiche was too good a wolf to be left to die long and slow. No... she would stay with him or she would expedite the process. One last gesture of friendship and love before the end.

Aslatiel placed a gentle kiss upon Naiche's golden crown. Her voice was a soft whisper. "Tell me when and I'll help you, Golden Boy." He would read the hidden meaning behind her words. Already she had a plan in place so that Arcturus wouldn't see his mother end the life of his father. It would be a mercy. One last gesture of friendship and love before the end.

"You don't need to worry." One paw gently wiped the tears from Naiche's muzzle, though tears ran freely down her own as well. "I'll keep him safe. You and I are the best hunters and fighters that the Armada has ever seen. The best genes. He'll surpass us both." Asla placed a soft kiss upon the head of their son and gave his shuddering frame a light squeeze. "He'll grow big and strong and smart. He and his sister both." Asla slid her muzzle between Naiche's ears. "I swear it." The woman tried to soothe whatever fears he might have for their son. One last gesture of friendship and love before the end... and the end was drawing ever closer.

"Speech"
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]