Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
08-11-2013, 10:13 PM

Her gaze shifted from the curtain and onto Squall at the touch of his nose on her head, catching her attention, ears twitching at the rustling made as he reached into the darkness of the tree. When he turned back around he had something before his paws, making her head tilt in curiosity. It was strange, leaves were tied in the shape of a dome with grasses, and when she lowered her head a bit she could see that the inside was hollow, empty. Grey orbs moved from it to look at the man, the look she gave him asking what he was going to do.

Squall smiled, something in his eyes that made him appear kind of happy... It was perhaps the only time she saw him with such a look, the previous encounters having something completely different."Here, watch this." She took a small breath, watching. He shook the thing, something inside shaking around then it suddenly lit up. Loccian's eyes got big, but not out of fear, it was out of curiosity and fascination. The grey woman leaned forward, lowering herself to the ground to get a better look inside just as Squall sat back and explained what it was and how it was put together. She would store it in her memories, making a mental note to try it out sometime with one of her pack mates.

The woman just lay there watching the dome light up, a small genuine smile, she was enjoying it. Not for long though, ears swiveled to the side, listening to Squall. He asked why she didn't move when the herd was coming towards her, she seemed different from the other times they met, asking if it was because of the cave, telling Augustus about his father, her brother. Asked if it was something else...

With a heavy sigh she looked down at her paws, tail curling around her body, the smile vanishing and being replaced with the depressing look that seemed to frequently be around. Silence fell upon the hollow tree, but outside you could hear the rain beating the land, a low rumble of thunder here and there, a flash of lightning, then a ground shaking roar of thunder, this time she didn't flinch or cower. ?Something else...? Her voice was quiet, fragile... pained. ?I... wasn't there by accident, in front of that herd.? She lifted her head, looking at the dome with lights flickering. ?My pup... her life was cut short, and I...? Eyes closed tightly, lips pulling back, quivering, fur bristling. "Sh-she was so young, died scared and the worst of it!" Her voice rose, not shouting but very close. Her head had snapped towards him, her face stuck between anger and sadness, not sure which way to go, eyes wide, watering. "She died alone!" The anger left her face, fear, sadness, hopelessness spreading over. "I wasn't there, I should have been there for her!"

Loccian closed her eyes and turned her head away, lifting a paw and wiping at the tears that had streamed down her cheeks. She wasn't there for Reficul when she needed her new mother the most! The poor girl had to die all alone, terrified, probably angry. It was worse than Otavian, at least she was there for him, he got to tell her he loved her. But Reficul, she didn't get to hear her adopted mothers voice in her final moments, just lay there in pain...

Speech
Your Speech

Awesome table by Andy <3