build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
10-19-2021, 08:02 PM

The wind blew into the mouth of the cave accompanied by a flourish of fireflies. Theory's eyes were trained intensely on the entrance, as if she were tracking prey. She'd know that voice anywhere. She'd heard it a thousand times in her dreams. Her hackles began to rise as a chill raced down her spine. "I..." she stammered. Valentine was buffeted by the wind in front of her - it took most of her restraint to stop herself from leaping to his aid. Crotchety old man, he'd probably wheel on her before she could offer a shoulder to steady him. It somehow made her fond of him. She respected his willful independence. "I hear Sh - my mother," she stammered. Best not to let them taint her memory. When she felt so close to Shaye again, she didn't want to remind them of the liaison that had permanently tainted Rhyme's reputation with his family.

Besides, hadn't it sounded a little bit like Tana, too? But that couldn't be right. She was so young when Tana had died. Maybe it was the sort of memory that settled into your bones before your brain had even finished forming - the sound of your mother's voice. "It's calling from the cave. Can't you hear that?" she gestured with her muzzle, taking a few clipped steps towards the darkness that pitted the face of the cliff. The wind blew from behind, as if urging her on.

"Speech"