gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-21-2021, 09:17 PM

A resounding "Helloooo!” snapped the older woman out of her uninentional trance, her body stiffening up due to her residual survival mode. It’d take a while for her to relearn to douse that mechanism, just a bit. She didn’t need to worry about fighting or fleeing..or freezing, for that matter, while she was in a pack. She was safe. Easier said than done to rewire what was ingrained into her brain, though, much like a tree’s overgrown, gnarled roots.

She forced her shoulders to slump down in some form of relaxation as she looked the stranger over. Her nose twotched softly as she read the other woman’s scent. No, she was not of a pack; perhaps that was a good thing. Strange pack members seemed a little more concerning to deal with than those who had no allegiance. Still, Lae’s former life threatened to being her back to a dark corner of her mind she’d worked so hard to suppress, and she couldn’t help but feel a tad uneasy. Still, this wolf seemed pleasant enough, with a lovely range of grey-ish hues upon her soft coat and soft, kind eyes. Most loners the older woman had met possessed a concerning lack of morals. Maybe that was a middle-of-nowhere-in-Boreas kind of thing.

"Have ye ever seen a tree bleed before?” The grey stranger asked. Lae glanced at the ‘bleeding’ trees around them, noting the crimson sap slowly trickling down the bark. She also couldn’t help but notice the femme’s interesting way of talking - an accent, was it called? - and although her urge to flee still roared within her broken, conflicted mind, she pushed it aside in lieu of abundant curiosity about this individual.

"Actually, I don’t think I have," Lae said softly towards the other she-wolf. Cautiously, she padded towards one tree in particular, sniffing it. A speck of sap got on her nose, and she sneezed, promptly wiping it off with a swipe of her forelimb. "Er, it’s just sap, I think." Realizing she’d not introduced herself, she added, "Um..I’m Laeta, by the way. I’m from the Hallows, a pack not far from here."

"Speech"

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.