gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-21-2021, 09:26 PM

Hearing a friendly bark snap her back to reality, the woman paused, clearly a bit spooked. She hadn’t heard much barking in a long time, which seemed strange — but given she was essentially deprived of socialization with others from a young age, she’d barely developed an awareness for social cues, and the subtleties of body language and vocalizations, among other things. Something that likely made her stick out in the well-adjusted pack like a sore thumb, but nothing she could do but regain control of her life at her own pace.

The monochromatic woman turned her head to face the smaller creature; a fellow pack member, judging by his scent. She’d gotten used to the scent by now, surrounding her like a thick, but welcoming veil. It was a steady reminder that she had a place to call home, a sanctuary to find peace and purpose. She allowed herself to calm down from the initial surprise, feeling a little embarrassed that her body overreacted. It was a mere greeting, nothing more. Lae’s ruby eyes scanned the friendly face, relief settling on her own sunken features as she replied softly "Oh, hello." She paused, the golden rays of light continuing to soothe her. As she gathered the words she wished to speak, she said them at last, hoping her confidence in interactions would increase with time. "You’re a pack member too, right? I’m Laeta, I’m new here." Though she held no visible expression, her eyes glinted with a curiosity burning within. She was desperate to meet her pack in full, even if she struggled to communicate with them.

"Speech"

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.