An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
10-21-2021, 11:27 PM
Armada Skills Building Competition!
Tentatively lasts from Nov 1st - December 31st?
  • For clarity’s sake, Azure and Sirius having started this contest already know Asla and her kids are leaving in spring, so they are not included in the roster here.
  • Should any wolf leave the Armada *during* the competition, I’ll still tally their tickets up to when they left and that will be added to that player’s ‘total.’
  • If the player has no wolves left in the Armada once theirs leave, they are no longer eligible for the contest.
  • Regardless, if a wolf leaves during the competition, we will attempt to reassign their partners.
  • Depending on events / christmas / everyone’s busy-ness, it may be extended into the new year.

PRIZES!
PRIZE 1 (capped 10 entries):  Choose from:
- Minor Mutation
- Direwolf Pass
- Character Redesign Pass

PRIZE 2 (uncapped entries): Choose from:
- Minor Mutation
- Direwolf Pass

+ 3000 gems (To be split among remaining entries depending on tickets earned)

Welcome to the Armada’s first skill building competition!
  • Any participation is, of course, optional. If you’d like to opt out, please let me (Koala) know so that I can take you off the list of entries and re-jigger some pairings and things.
  • In the event that we have any uneven pairings, volunteering to take a partner who does not match your wolf’s skill will give both you and your partner 1 extra ticket for the raffle (if I need to resort to it)

IC THINGS
This contest will be put forward ICly as just normal “training” / “self improvement” / etc.

That is, it’s non-negotiable ICly, albeit with incentives. Your wolves will have been told that Azure is keeping an eye on assigned pairings, and any wolf who shows themselves to be exceptionally skilled / a good teacher / etc may be eligible for promotion at the end. (We also have some high ranks like Reaper and General which Seer and Az will be looking to fill)

I don’t want to say this is a mentor/mentee thing outright, because some of the pairs listed here were decided because of OOC skill level and not IC skill level (Lookin’ at you, Master Ophie the Thicc) so you will be free to work it out however you’d like to in character. Whether that be swapping the lower ranked wolf to ‘mentor’ because ICly they are older/have more knowledge, or even just two idiots deciding they’re going to spar each other until they figure out how this fighting thing works. You can also enlist others outside your pairing or even pack to help teach the pair of you, if you decide neither of you know what you’re doing IC. We will work with whatever excuse you and your partner find for your wolves managing to improve.  

Yes, naturally, it would have worked better ICly if I could place the young w/ the skilled, but then we’d have masters paired up with masters who can’t earn tickets, and beginners with beginners who can earn way too many tickets.  

RAFFLE EXPLANATION
There will be two drawings. The first (Prize 1) will be simple, tickets will be capped to 10 per player to make things fair. The second draw (Prize 2)  will be uncapped, so if you want to really put the effort in and go nuts, you’ll have an advantage here where the first draw will be ‘fairer’ You can’t win both draws, sorry!

OOC THINGS
So, each wolf is paired with two other wolves - one per skill they have listed in their profile. If you’re planning on changing your skill anytime soon please let me know, so I can rejigger things.. again. Your partners will be who you earn tickets with, and every skill rank up (beginner>intermediate, etc) at the end of the contest will earn both you and the player partnered with that wolf (‘s skill) one raffle ticket. That means if Gossamer teaches Ila all the way from Beginner Fighting to Master Fighting, Sea and Lunar each get 5 tickets.

I have attempted to make sure each player is partnered with two other players so that should one of your partners be holding you back, you still have another to teach/learn from and claim tickets off of. No wolf should be partnered with two wolves who are played by the same person so if I missed any let me know please. As well, I know there are going to be situations where you want to write with someone else / maybe your schedule doesn’t line up with your partner’s / maybe it doesn’t work out IC. If you have real concerns like “But, Koala, X hate’s Y’s guts and would probably tell him an anti-inflammatory herb is actually poison!” Let me know and I’ll try to shuffle things.

I’m not going to be picky in the slightest about how your character actually earns skills. If you have a skill buddy and you want to pound the two of yourselves to master without your partner, well, your partner is still getting tickets for your leveling whether they’re involved or not. Otherwise it’s going to be too much to track for who put the most effort in, etc, and I want to make this as easy as possible. Regardless, you should have a vested interest in encouraging your partners to skill up for your own prize’s sake.

LASTLY - Though I did my absolute fucking best to even out the ‘potential tickets’ gained by not pairing beginners with beginners and masters with experts, it’s not 100% even. The average for most partnerships seems to be 10 tickets-ish possible so that’s where I’m putting the cap for entries on raffle #1. Rather than cry over it being unbalanced for four more days because some pairings can earn more and others can earn less, I’m going to just offer extra tickets up to the cap for helping a non-partner to skill up.**

**I will however not count these extra tickets if you’re going to ignore your partner who is begging for a thread and instead train your best friend. Please help your partner, and if they are not contributing fairly then feel free to expand your horizons.

SO, with that said,

TLDR; $100 in Ardent Prizes, write with assigned partners to skill up your/their wolf, earning raffle tickets for every new bracket your pairings advance. Two draws, two big prizes + gems for consolation. Plz do your best to be good sports, k thx.

If you have any questions/concerns, please @ me on Discord! For now, these are the tentative pairings (subject to change as people continue to skill up before December, leave, join, or need shuffling)

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.