-
build
player
08-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Cut me loose
My parachute won't let me fall
Don't be afraid of a chance for a miracle
~*~

Orica heard his two little words. But she didn't believe him. He had that same look back neath the willows. The guilt. The folded ears. What was going on in that head of his? It hadn't been something she'd said, had it? What had triggered this? There might as well have been steel wall between Demyan's thoughts and Orica's, for all that the girl could understand. And then he went and said such a blatant lie. Orica understood not telling the truth. She understood glossing over things. But she couldn't stand for outright denial like that. "Please," she murmured. "Do what you must, but don't lie to me."

Though her expression remained calm and observing, H=her narrow chest rose and fell softly with increased emotion. "Demyan," she said in as gentle matter-of-fact as she could. "In order to make this work, you have to talk to me. I understand that there are things you won't want to tell me - ever. And that's fine. Most of them, I don't want to hear. But here and now is what I'm focusing on, and I can only help you if you let me know where your head is at." She shifted a little, more, so that she was more on her belly, able to support her front weight with her furry whit elbows. As she brought her head close to his, she found herself wanting to kiss him again. It had worked so well last time, to erase the monsters from his mind - and yet somehow she knew that wasn't the only reason she wanted to. She liked him. But she couldn't think about that right now. This wasn't something that anyone else could do for him - he had to want to change himself. And for that he had to learn to be just a tad more honest - with her, and perhaps also with himself.

~*~