gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-27-2021, 08:38 PM
The boy before her was young, too young to be out alone. She wondered briefly if anyone had came here with him, but assumed not or else they'd be tagging along too or would be shortly. He started to speak then, his voice trailing off in thought as he approached and sat near a pool of water at the base of the falls. She approached as the fireflies began to swarm overhead, appearing in the reflection of himself he saw and catching Fortunes pale lavender eyes. The fireflies were pretty, but she couldn't help but think they had something out for her. After scaring her before and now leading her on with lies, she wasn't sure these fireflies were so neat.

The younger boy then responded with what he had been hearing, bringing a more permanent frown to the yearlings features. Sure, she thought that her dad might be dead, but at least she still had her mother and siblings. She wasn't sure what this boy had left, if anything. It saddened her to think about being orphaned and wondered what this young boy was going through with all those thoughts swirling around in his head.

He asked then who she had thought was calling her name and while her frown remained, she answered solemnly. "My dad, I think. I don't know if he's dead but... it's been a long time since I've seen him. I was hoping he was here." At least she still had hope in finding Magnus, but what did this boy have? Certainly not any hope. Her eyes moved from the reflection of the fireflies in the pond to the younger boy beside her, noticing now that he seemed frightened, as if he'd seen something. Fortune was about to ask if he was okay before a voice started calling her again, but this time it wasn't her father. Who was it, then? Distracted suddenly, Fortune stood to see around her better, scanning the falls for whatever she had heard. They had to be here somewhere.