size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
10-31-2021, 05:07 PM
Chade had taken several bites at water as Ricin stared at the crystals.  At one point he had gotten a piece of tail but the fish’s tail had more muscle to it than he imagined and it leaped away back into the little pool.  Why was it so hard!  Dunking his head back in a final time he pulled one out with a flimsy hold and scooted up out of the water practically tripping over himself.  “I got it!” The boy hollered out his enthusiasm after dropping the fish on the ground.  Then there was his brother talking about something weird.

Chade picked back up his fish to go closer to Ricin with a skeptical look as he listened to his brother’s story.  The fish was a mouthful to the younger pup so his first response was “mmrhm ronff bef tff”  He was more than far enough away from the pool to drop the fish finally.  It flopped near the two of them.

Chade rolled his eyes dramatically as his brother walks on two legs, “that’s the craziest story you ever told Ry.  C’mon There’s no way a crystal told ya bunch of bear-like guys – “ Chade’s ears flicked towards the entrance, “Shush,” the words were whispered quickly and harshly.  Dried leaves crackled outside and Chade felt his heart rate pick up, “my alarm…” the words were whispered softer now, eyes widening as he imagined what real monster might be out there.  They didn’t need a made-up one, there were plenty of things that could kill two pups.  He backed up next to Ricin for a moment.  

“Alright, I got this” Chade attempted to assure his brother.  The bear came to his mind quickly and how that had ended.  He couldn’t lose Ricin, Chade couldn’t end up alone.  Squeezing his eyes shut a moment he tried to think up a plan of action.  Shivering he waited, eyes opening and waiting for death to come.

What appeared was a fox, red coat and it looked scared itself.  There was some strange bluish ooze coming out of its nostrils.  Chade was still scared but he started forward, “Stay back Ry, I’ll fight better if I know you're safe.”  Would his brother listen? Maybe, maybe not but there was only so much he could do right now.

Chade’s hackles were going up again, his dense fur around his neck sticking out some lion cub.  Standing up straight he did his best to look intimidating.  Two animals scared and each for their own reason.  Snarling Chade actually started the attack hoping to chase off the creature.

The fox snarled and opened its mouth as Chade came apparently planning to make it a fast ending.  The boy pulled up to a stop and glared back at it.  Could it hear Chade’s heartbeat? Chade sure heard it.  He didn’t want to charge into the teeth!  Chade walked slowly to the side of the fox and the fox copied him.  Chade paused and grinned continuing until the fox was facing the front end of the cave and away from Ricin.  His brother wasn’t a fighter but maybe this once he could get in on the action?  Grab a back paw or tail or something?

Wordcount: 2981
[Image: 8dxR4AS.png?1] [Image: hnKjKwF.png?2]