size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022Critical Hit!Beevent1K
11-02-2021, 07:00 PM

Meadow did not know what to expect. With strange things happening in the world and her daughter being to see her, Meadow feels a flash hope at the thought of being able to finally say goodbye to Fern. Those hopes are quickly dashed as Fern’s eyes seem to clear of the ooze only to become tinted with anger. The ooze that flows down her daughter’s face makes the gray girl appear gruesome and haunted. When Fern’s lips pull away to reveal her gums and teeth, it also reveals bright blue ooze. However, it is not Fern’s appearance that has Meadow shrinking away from her daughter but the hate filled words. They are sharpened with disgust and flung at the dead woman’s heart.

They strike true, freezing Meadow in place as she listens to her daughter’s rant. Words try to escape and counter the harsh ones but nothing leaves her mouth. Watching the jerky movements that Fern makes as she stalks closer to her, Meadow feels a swell of fear for her daughter’s wellbeing. The movements appear forced, as if Fern doesn’t want to move but some strange, unseen force is compelling her body to obey. The laugh that follows has Meadow wincing, the sound grating against whatever nerves Meadow has. The words that follow have a strange slightly deeper echo that accompanies them, making Meadow think of someone talking over her daughter’s voice.

Meadow watches Fern circle her, absorbing each word and letting her own failings wash over her. Is something forcing Fern to say these cruel and horrible things? Surely this cannot be the daughter she raised. Fern had been a small and happy pup, always eager to play and find new things. Joyful memories wash over Meadow as she watches this hallow projection of her daughter spit hate filled words at her. The woman watches every irregular step that her daughter makes, trying to overlap her memories with this wolf before her. The ooze seems to be thickening as Fern talks, at one point causing her to stop and hack out a large glob of it. Meadow glances at the discarded ooze and notes with alarm that there is a thin layer of blood on it.

Worry fills Meadow’s eyes as she continues to half-listen to Fern while checking her daughter for any signs of injury. Beside the unnatural ooze, Fern seems unharmed. With one final outburst, Fern declares her wish to have never been born before stopping to wheezily catch her breath. Meadow wants to run to her daughter, wrap her paws around the girl and pull her into a deep embrace. She wants to erase all the hurt and anger she has caused to Fern. Every fiber of her soul wants to take away all the bad things that have happened to Fern but Meadow knows she can’t. Yet another thing she has failed to do.

Sorrow filled emerald eyes meet anger filled aqua ones and Meadow feels her heart break. Softly, Meadow tries to right some of the wrongs in Fern’s life, “Oh my beautiful daughter. I never meant to leave you. That day I was looking for a special herb to heal your brother. He had fallen and hurt his leg and that herb was to help him recover.” A gentle smile appears on incorporeal lips as she continues, “I never meant to get attacked or to leave you alone in this world and I will take all the blame you have to give me.” There is nothing she can do to change the past but if Fern has someone to lay her all hardships on, maybe her daughter can start to move on with her life.

She watches as the anger starts to melt out of Fern’s eyes and she says, “I am glad I had you Fern. Even if I was only with for a short time, I want you to know that they were the best months of my life.” If she could cry, Meadow would be. Fern’s head dips as her wheezing increases and Meadow moves to her side, trying to give comfort without the ability to touch her daughter. Her soft voice mummers, “Easy Fern, take long, slow, deep breathes. Just like I taught you.” Meadow coaches her daughter through the breathing techniques that Fern had learned to help quell panic attacks. Fern tries to gulp for air and Meadow keeps murmuring sweet nothings to her daughter, allowing the gray girl to latch onto her voice and guide her back to reality.

Watching as tense starts to bleed out of her daughter’s frame, Meadow offers a soft smile and the words, “Fern? You back with me?

"Speech"