gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-05-2021, 11:45 AM

Sota. What an interesting name. The greeting was pleasant from the smaller wolf, and the monochromatic woman allowed herself to calm in his presence. He was a pack member, after all -- nothing threatening about those she would, over time, perceive as a surrogate family of sorts. Not necessarily by blood, of course, but by the bonds she hoped would form. He had even bowed to her, a gesture the woman could helped but be a bit surprised by ,though her emotionless facial features concealed her reaction. These social cues and gestures the wolves made among themselves were, to them, a way of life -- something that seemed specific to a pack dynamic. As an ex-loner, Lae had little opportunity to interact in such a formal way with other wolves, much less receive such a sign of kindness and respect.

"This place is lovely, isn't it? It reminds me of somewhere from my childhood," Sota had remarked out loud, prompting the woman to let her ruby gaze wander the scenery again. It was truly peaceful here -- one would be incredibly fortunate to experience childhood memories here. Alas, the mere word left a painful ache in her chest, and the glint in her eyes faded slightly. Though still in awe at the beauty of this place, the words her packmate spoke, though not his fault in the least, left her wishing she'd had a better start to her life than what she had actually endured. Abandonment, loss, neglect, and being ostracized -- things that no child should ever experience. Still, she didn't let her past memories swallow her up so easily. Not anymore. With a pause to allow the scenery to envelope her with a calming aura, she turned to Sota and inquired, "Did you grow up here? On Auster?" Her eyes spoke volumes when her expressions did not, and she was quite curious -- after all, part of her being in a pack was being invested in the lives of her packmates to at least some degree, right? Thus, she deduced she needed to know something unique about each person. However much they were willing to tell her, anyways. She wouldn't pry if it wasn't her place to do so.

"Speech"

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.