gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-11-2021, 11:09 PM

He seemed disgusted by her, but in her state, Lae didn’t pay much mind. It felt as if the fireflies were gnawing away at her brain, lowering her anxiety about socializing with others. In some ways you could consider it a blessing she wasn’t worried about stunbling over her words, or frantically searching for the right words to say. No, this was considerably worse - the ooze felt like it was eventually going to swallow her whole. The mere thought of that made her tense slightly. This guy didn’t like her, and if she had been in her normal, rational state of mind, she would’ve heeded his cues and left. But no, the whispers surrounded her like those goddamn fireflies. While they didn’t sour her mood, they certainly altered her perception of reality.

Barely picking up his mention of how she should be drawn towards a bath, she’d frown softly. "I suppose you’re right," She murmured thickly, barely swallowing back the ooze as almost slide down her tongue. With a sniff, she added, "I think I was there..yesterday. I think I almost drowned." Her words were a tad slurred, and it was clear she wasn’t quite observant of fhe time these days. Yes, she had been down to the bath yesterday, that she remembered. The water was alright, and she managed to get clean, but the ooze just continued to trickle down her features with a vengeance. It was as if it didn’t want her to stay clean. She was close to giving up at this point, what with the eyes watching her through the cracks in the walls and all.

Upon introducing himself as a Carpathius, Lae blinked, her eyes showing her eecognition of the name even if her gunked up face remained blank as a slate. "Nice to uh, meet you Rudyard.." Her sentence trailed off momentarily as she shot a glare at the wall behind them - of course, to the grey male, nothing was there, but she swore she saw a pair of eyes - but she then added, facing him once more, "I know your brother..he was the one that welcomed me into the pack." Noticing his sigh, the woman blinked again. She had some semblence of social cues at least, even in her altered state. "If you’re tired..I can go." Besides, the eyes were watching her a bit too closely here, anyways. Plus, she wanted to go to bed herself and try to sleep, at least.
"Speech"

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.