size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
11-11-2021, 11:23 PM

He didn't move when she approached him, and as she reached forward, he closed his eyes and waited for her touch. But...it didn't come. At least, not in the way he thought it would. He felt a slight shiver run through him, and when he opened his eyes, she was frowning. She said she didn't appear to be tangible...and that a hug would have to wait. Sadness crept into his own eyes then. And he felt it creep into his heart. He'd been feeling a lot of that more and more as the years went by, and though he was saddened by the fact he couldn't physically touch her and feel her warmth and comfort, he didn't blame her. The wariness and disbelief he had in the situation seemed to fade the more he looked at her and the more she spoke. Her voice had always been comforting...and he had to admit, he sorely missed her.

"You're up late, and...What's all this? Why is everything glowing?" She asked him, and his own gaze would follow hers as they looked at the large crystals and the mushrooms and the trees. He shrugged. "I...actually don't know what part of the day it is...things have been strange nearly all winter...and it seems to have continued into Spring. It's dark all the time now, and these crystals, mushrooms, and even strange blue lights have been appearing all over the place." He'd done well to keep his distance from them so far. The wariness in his old age kept him from trusting in getting close to any of these strange phenomena. He wasn't sure about Claire though...he hadn't seen her for a few days now.

"Now that I know I'm not...seeing things...I was hoping you'd know but, it seems you don't. I've never seen anything like it in my life..." He trailed off as a blue firefly floated past his nose between them. He stepped back, unwilling to let it touch him. He didn't trust it. Didn't trust any of this. But the only thing he knew he could trust, was Avalon. "I...I'm sorry, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this...around you. I never thought I'd see you again..."

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!