Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
11-13-2021, 07:58 PM

Riva shivered with the effort of containing her need to flee, and managed to listen this time as the members of her family spoke. Her eyes glanced from Deus, to Danta, to Pyr. Her son explained what had happened and how they had turned the eyes of God upon them. The origin of this strange curse. “I didn’t know, I didn’t know” she whispered to Deus, but fell silent as Pyr gently hushed her, pulling her in close.

She let him fold her into his warm coat, letting out a shuddering breath. She needed to… to think. To reason this out past her desperate need to flee. Pyr held her close, and she felt him kiss the top of her head, and knew he would feel the way her entire little body trembled.

[i] “Flee, Flee, Flee!” [/b] the voices cried in her ear, growing and shrinking in volume as though ghosts fluttered by her ear. The sound was followed by a terrible, cackling laugh. If Pyr hadn’t been holding her tightly she may well have done just that. She pulled against him one, following the compulsion of the voices, and found no give in his arms. She collapsed against him then, shuddering softly. “Home.” She agreed, trying to differentiate madness and reason in her brain, and knew her own judgment to be unsound. She would believe in Pyr, and trust him, when she could not trust herself.

"Riva" & "Pyrrhic"