Expert Intellectual (135)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-13-2021, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2021, 08:12 PM by Laeta. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mel the badger gently felt his friend’s forehead, frowning in concern. Lae’s ruby gaze, though glazed over and still oozing from the strange disease that infected many wolves, looked up at her newfound companion with little emotion. The ruby-clawed badger had been kind, proper, and cordial to her since the first time they met, by the waterfall. He even dragged her back to the castle with her half-conscious directions, seeing as she was mysteriously paralyzed. Both of them were unaware of how or why she was unable to walk. And the oozing plague continued, its intensity upon her mental state had weakened, but not the glowing flow that dripped down her facial features. Not only that, but the toll of their arduous journey back and to the her bedroom on the third floor was immense. Her body was abnormally warm to the touch - Mel felt her head and stepped back, his brown eyes shining with concern.

"Lady Laeta, I fear this ailment has weakened you considerably," He said, his tone quivering, "I must fetch you a physician, if your pack has one on its premises." Lae sighed. What else was new? She met her dead mother in a strange, coma-like dream, fully convinced it was real, and then awoke to be unable to move her legs, and a badger just magically appeared, ready to help. No, this felt like the dream. He practically worshipped her, like a queen if not a goddess. What did she do to deserve such respect and honor? Nothing, of course. She was useless. A burden.

Her gunked eyes began to close. Not because she wanted to sleep - she slept most of the time since last night when they had returned to the castle, and back to her bedroom. The fact that this little badger was able to lift her up the staircase, and onto her bed was a fest beyond her comprehension. Still, she was tired. So tired. "I’ll be fine, Mel..please worry about yourself. "

The badger’s eyes widened, as if she had uttered a curse word rather than a simple statement.

"M-My lady, I cannot do that!" He stammered, shaking his head and adjusting his monocle, "You are gravely ill, and I simply cannot leave you to suffer in this state. No, I shall fetch someone to help you. It’s the least I can do, please," His last sentence ended with him staring at her with a pleading look. He frantically propped the pillows beneath her neck, head, hip and legs, fluffing them as she winced. He muttered several cluttered apologies in a row, bowing to her hopping off the bed via stepstool and rushing out her door. Perhaps, whoever this phyisican was would stumble upon the panicked badger, and come Laeta’s way.

ooc; laeta has a neck injury due to the firefly man and is unable to move her legs. Unbeknownst to the healers, she will return to normal next ooc month, next season. she also has a fever. her badger friend can communicate with other wolves as he has with laeta.

"Speech"

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.