size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

The Ooze Participant
11-14-2021, 09:49 PM
For some reason, mom’s sickness had grown worse.  Misery yawned lazily near the front of the den, front paws crossed over each other  He hadn’t specifically told Recluse he planned to guard her but since he didn’t generally bother spending a lot of time in the den it was fairly obvious.  As one who was quite proud of his ability to lie words meant less than actions in his mind.  Then again he loved living a lie in front of most but never to mom.  She got to be one exception.

Recluse wasn’t the only one who was badly sick but she was the only one that mattered.  He imagined mom was likely having a harder time with the sickness due to also having just given birth a short while back.  “I tested some rabbits a bit ago and even if they all ate crystals and mushrooms none of them got both sicknesses.”   Eating of course wasn’t a guarantee to get the sickness but it was a great way to risk it after all.  “As far as I can tell no one has contracted more than one type either.  So I think there is a chance those who are already infected are safe from the other diseases.”  No one knew of course how bad the sickness they already got would go.

“Perhaps the ones who are sick but not overly so should work on removing as much of the crystals or mushrooms that they can so the pups don’t get into them”  Telling kids not do a thing could easily be a recipe for disaster after all and mom wasn’t in great shape for keeping up with them.  Misery wasn’t sick and in his mind, the wolves that were neither sick or worthless needed to stay that way to care for the pack.  This logic worked well for Misery not dealing with the things that spread all the suffering.

"Misery"