Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Hit!
11-15-2021, 04:42 PM

The biggest smile he'd ever worn in his life spread across his lips when he heard the relief in Lillith's voice as she spoke his name. He opened his mouth, probably to make some sort of smart ass quip, but his words were cut off when the smaller fae threw herself at him from over the edge of the bed, taking him by surprise. He gave a soft "oof" as he caught her in his arms, holding her close and laughing with a combination of solace and bliss. He wasn't going to die! Crystalline tears began to pool in the corners of his steely silver eyes, hidden in the dark. There had been a point there where he truly felt lost, like he was waiting for his inevitable demise, and it had put his life into perspective. What was important, what mattered, what he'd done and what he wished he still could do... Life was so short and fragile; he wasn't going to squander another moment he could get.

"I told you I would be. An Armada always keeps their word," he replied, letting a big navy-toed paw stroke and rub over his girlfriend's back to soothe and comfort her. Of course that hadn't been true. He didn't know if he'd live or die, and he came very close to thinking he was on his way out. Fortunately, some divine beings saw fit to give him the constitution to survive—if not for himself, then for her. He turned his head to rest his cheek against hers, bringing his paw up to cradle her head while she wept into his fur. It was such a cathartic moment to know he'd been pulled back from oblivion. If he never saw another crystal again it'd be too soon...

Gently burrowing his snout into the fur on Lil's neck, he breathed deep her sweet scent, drinking her in in ways he couldn't until now. Her touch was soft, her body warm in his embrace, it made Roman realize just how good he'd had it with the Adravendi fae. Somehow he was going to show her just how deeply he cared for her and loved her. Already his sharp mind was working on some plans. "I bet I'm better to snuggle now that I'm not all spiky too," he said, the suggestion evident in his voice, as was the little grin on his face. It had been weeks since either of them had any sort of physical affection, and Roman was craving her love.

"Speech"